Welcoming, safeguarding and taking care of others is at the very heart of what we do and who we are at Accor and Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour. We want to take a moment to reassure you that Accor has been prioritising the safety and wellbeing of our guests and team members every day for more than 50 years.
High standards of hygiene and cleanliness are already delivered across all our brands locally and globally. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic and with a focus on guest care as hotels reopen, we have elevated these even further by launching our own global cleanliness and operational standards, the ALLSAFE Label, which represents some of hospitality’s most stringent cleaning standards.
In accordance with the most recent NSW Government regulations, we have had to adapt our operations, services and opening hours in order to be able to reopen our doors safely – and we thank you in advance for your patience.
- New 1.5m social distancing enforced in all common areas, in line with the NSW Government guidelines.
- All employees given comprehensive safety & hygiene training.
- Contactless check-in, check-out, payments and coffee orders carried out whenever possible.
- Enhanced handwashing protocols and hand sanitiser provided in key public areas (front desk, bars & restaurants, conference floor etc).
- Enhanced cleaning program in the restaurant room with hourly disinfection and four-hourly enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces (door handles, lift buttons, switches, payment terminals, AV equipment). Two dinner services are now available each night the restaurant is open, with the dining room completely closed to guests between 7:30pm-8pm to allow for a deep clean and disinfection all the tables, chairs, menus and tableware.
- Contact log maintained for contact tracing of all patrons entering our venues, as a condition of entry. Guests who are unwell, even with only mild symptoms, will be kindly requested to leave the premises in order to help protect the health of all guests and employees and minimise the spread of the virus.
- Buffets temporarily removed.
- Single use or contactless QR code menus available to minimise touch points.
- Restaurant spring-cleaning: before we reopened our restaurant to the public post COVID-19 closure, our dining room and kitchen were thoroughly cleaned to remove dust and disinfect the kitchen, utensils, provisions and containers.
- In kitchens: reinforced food safety standards and regular hospital-grade cleaning of all high-touch surfaces such as cooking surfaces, knives, bells and trays. Chefs keep a physical distance of 1.5m between each other during food preparation. Appropriate PPE such as masks and gloves is worn by our Chefs and food & drink handlers when receiving food deliveries. All food preparing and handling is certified by the stringent HACCP label (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points).
- Appointment of ALLSAFE Managers onsite 24/7, in charge of managing any health, wellbeing or hygiene enquiry our guests and delegates may have during their stay.
- As of July 2020, Accor guests and delegates will benefit from AXA’s most recent advances in telemedicine through free, 24/7 tele-consultations with fully qualified physicians.